2023 Smoky Mountain Relay
A scenic, wild, team adventure in the mountains of Western North Carolina, the Smoky Mountain Relay race near Asheville, NC is an adventure that is not to be missed.
This course will challenge you and your friends with tough legs and reward you with stories to last a lifetime.
Choose from 6 person, 9 person or 12 person teams to split up over 36 legs.
The 208 mile course begins just outside of Brevard, NC in the Pisgah National Forest and ends at the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Bryson City.
Here’s some information about the cost of the Smoky Mountain Relay.
What this registration fee includes:
- More than 200 miles and 30+ hours of racing on permitted, marked course, including traffic control signs, runner on road signs, directional signs and trail marking through Western North Carolina’s most beautiful scenery.
- Medical staff to assist runners as necessary.
- Race t-shirt, pint glass, hot breakfast, finisher medal and a beer on us at the finish line.
- Personalized race bibs.
- Professional timing.
- Race bible
Team captains pay the full amount for the race. Additional runners need to register (no additional fee) on the Race Roster platform as well.
We would love to offer a 20% discount for the following types of teams:
- 50% of the team members are active or retired military.
- 50% of the team are collegiate.
- 100% of the team are female.
- 100% of the team are from a non-profit or company team.
All course maps, including the full rout and individual legs can be found on the Smoky Mountain Relay running race website.
Check out this amazing video showcasing the Smoky Mountain Relay race near Asheville, North Carolina!
In the News
Here’s a great, tongue-in-cheek article that was published in Blue Ridge Outdoors in 2016: Six Reasons you Don’t Want to Run the Smoky Mountain Relay
This race is produced by Kick It Events Management, a small family owned business producing outstanding events in Asheville and the surrounding area! Come run with us!