4th Annual Turning of the Maples Virtual 5K
🍁 Don’t miss the beloved Turning of the Maples UNC Asheville Virtual 5K! 🍁
Now’s the time to bring home your favorite UNC Asheville tradition! While our students and faculty celebrate the color-changing canopy of maple leaves on the Quad with bluegrass music, warm apple cider, and maple cookies, you can enjoy the autumnal scenery in your own neighborhood while supporting the UNC Asheville Fund, which provides immediate and flexible support where our students and faculty need it most.
Our virtual 5K (3.1 miles) can be completed anywhere and anytime between October 27-29. You can run, jog, bike, or walk in your neighborhood, in a park, or on a trail. Or, if you prefer indoor activity, your home or local gym works, too! However you celebrate Turning of the Maples, share a photo of your 5K outing on social media using the hashtag #UNCATOTM5K.
A portion of your $25 registration is a gift to the UNC Asheville fund, which supports students and programs across campus. Your registration includes:
- A Turning of the Maples 5K sticker
- Apple Cider Packet
- An exclusive Turning of the Maples 5K Belt Bag (known as a Fanny Pack to the 25 crowd 😉) made with 6 plastic bottles’ worth of recycled materials! (ONLY 100 AVAILABLE.)
These items will be deployed on a daily basis, but may not arrive prior October 27.
How does the Turning of the Maples Virtual 5K work?
- Register: Make a gift of at least $25 to the UNC Asheville Fund on this form.
- You’ll receive your swag!
- Run, walk, jog, or bike your favorite 5K route at your own pace between October 27-29. Don’t forget to wear your UNC Asheville gear and take photos! Tag the UNC Asheville Alumni Association and use the hashtag #UNCATOTM5K so that we can follow along!
The 2023 Turning of the Maples Virtual 5K is proudly sponsored by the UNC Asheville Alumni Association.
Questions? Contact the Alumni Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.