2023 WNC Girls on the Run Winter 5k
Let this information guide you for the 2023 WNC Girls on the Run Winter 5k!
- Free parking is available onsite.
- Please ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the event to warm up and ensure everyone in your group is checked in at registration.
- Race Day Timeline:
- 8:00 am coaches arrive and Race Village opens
- 9:00 am – team stretches and GOTR Dance Party
- 9:20 am – teams line up at the start line
- 9:30 am – GOTR 5K begins!
- Early Packet Pick Up for Community Runners and Running Buddies: Saturday, December 9 at the Asheville Outlet Food Court from Noon – 3 pm. This will make the day-of check-in move quicker on race day so if you’re able to stop by, we encourage it.
- Day-of packet pick up will open at 8 am on race day in the registration tent.
- GOTR Girls will check in with their coaches on race day for their race gear. There is no early packet pick up option for program participants.
- The 5K will be cancelled only for thunder and lightning, unsafe driving conditions or other hazardous conditions. This decision would be made by 5:00 am the morning of the event. Please check your email if there may be cause for cancellation.
- What to wear? Running clothes but make it fun! Girls on the Run is so much fun and we want our 5K to bring that experience full-circle for our GOTR Girls so if you have fun sparkles, tutus, hats, bright colors that you don’t get to wear often enough – now is your time to shine!
Volunteer at the WNC Girls on the Run Winter 5k
Volunteers help ensure our end of season 5K celebration is possible. Interested in volunteering at WNC Girls on the Run Winter 5k? Fill out our volunteer form today!
We need volunteers for the following activities to ensure our event is a success!
- Set-up and Tear Down
- Course Marshalls
- Running Buddies
- Water Stations
- Cheer Stations
- Happy Hair or Face-Painting Station
Note: All volunteers appointed through our council will undergo a background check.